domingo, 11 de abril de 2010

Hello!


My name is Grete Åkerstrøm and I work with Bente and Knut at Fredheim in Kongsberg, Norway. I am a teacher and I work hard to help the participants at school to learn Norwegian and to help them to understand and take part in the Norwegian society.
My "Without barriers" - project is to motivate - and perhaps push a little - women who mainly go to school and then stay at home doing housework, to be physically active. Some of them are worried about their health and some have put on a lot of weight since they came to Norway.
As a start, I managed to make an appointment at a training centre where only women are allowed to come and do sport. We went there free for 4 days, and had a lot of fun, and I think 2 of the women will become members and start regular training. A small victory!
The next step is to motivate to join a walking group for one and a half hour every week. I will try to find some Norwegian women to join the group, too. "Walk and talk - group" will become a win - win situation. Most of the refugees do not speak much Norwegian ouside school, since they mostly stay at home with their family.
Though I am fond of my job, I have time to do other things as well. If you take a look at my blog, you will see what I spend a lot of time doing - and a lot of money, too.......
http://www.lappe-grete.blogspot.com/ There might even be a picture of me in my colourful jacket on the blog!
And just to show you on the picture above - the spring is about to come to Kongsberg! The snow will probably dissappear before you all come in June!






3 comentarios:

Pedro Cantero dijo...

Hello and Welcome

Really I think its a very interesting activity and It will be really good for our project "Without Barriers". As always, dont forget to take some photos, videos, to write some comments about the experience, etc. for the final report of our project.
Thank you for your interest. We will see soon in Norway

Grete Aakerstrom dijo...

Hello Pedro!
Actually, I am coming to Yalova, so we will meet then! I'm looking forward to meet you all!

Cherif dijo...

Look carefully at the flower on the picture. You can't imagine how much pleasure it brings to me and many people in Norway. I love spring and all the miracles it brings. During a winter with -25 C, you can't imagine that there still is som life under the snow. Then comes the spring and miracles happens. Birds are singing, flowers and plants are growing, sun is shining. It's like a miracle. Every spring, I remember my first spring in Norway after my first winter ever. I couldn't understand how the same sun we have in Africa couldn't warm this part of the world. Then came the spring... I love Norwegian spring allthough I have pollen allergi